The Management Framework
What is the Management Framework?
The Management Framework is a tool to help managers understand expectations for excellent performance.
- This framework attempts to capture and put into words what most agency leaders know so well that it is just part of life – the process and tools you use every day to help achieve results.
- It is also a way to understand the challenges we face – to see where and how our processes could better align so that, together, we can resolve those challenges strategically.
How to use the Management Framework?
The Washington State Management Framework is simply that – a framework. The real work happens within the framework. It is the work agencies do every day to deliver services in a way that meets the high standards of the Governor and citizens of Washington.
The Management Framework is not an end to itself. The framework gives us the tools we need to get the RESULTS we want to achieve.
What are our leadership values?
The Governor and citizens expect a state government that is strategic, responsive, and accountable.
- Get the facts and drive decisions based on accurate, up-to-date data.
- Allocate resources to the highest priorities, and use strategies that are proven to work.
- Take calculated risks.
- Break down silos and actively collaborate.
- Focus on clear, measurable results for the public.
- Provide responsive, timely customer service.
- Be open and communicate in ways that are meaningful to citizens.
- Deal squarely with the tough issues.
- Hold ourselves and each other accountable. Do what we say we will do.
- Persist and follow up until we achieve our desired results.
To download a printable version of the Management Framework, click here.