1. Create a strategic plan
What do you do?
- Articulate specific goals and values
- Identify a limited number of clear priorities
- Analyze external forces that influence your agency mission
- Assess your capacity to deliver services and manage effectively
- Understand customer and constituent expectations
- Develop strategies and tactics, from high-level results to your expectations for each employee
- Establish performance measures at all levels: how will you know if you’re achieving your goals?
- Does our plan reflect a clear understanding of current customer, citizen and stakeholder expectations?
What tools can help you?
Strategic HR (online DOP guidance about improving business performance by anticipating human resource needs, planning and executing workforce strategies, and monitoring success)
Define and Identify Performance Measures (presentation)
Create and Use Dashboards (presentation)