3. Manage people
What do you do?
- Connect your expectations for each employee to the desired results
- Make expectations as clear and specific as possible (who will do what by when)
- Engage employees in finding better ways to do our business
- Manage day-to-day operations
- Are individual work plans and employee expectations clearly linked to organizational goals?
- Do work plans specify who will do what by when?
What tools can help you?
- Strategic HR (online DOP guidance about improving business performance by anticipating human resource needs, planning and executing workforce strategies, and monitoring success).
- Department of Personnel's Performance and Development Plans
- Department of Personnel's Competencies
- Department of Personnel's Performance Management Confirmation Process
- Performance & Development Plan (1/2 day)
- Preparing Meaningful Individual Development Plans (DOP online guidance)
- Improving Performance Evaluations (DOP online guidance)